Thursday, August 27, 2009

How does your garden grow...


...Like crazy, with all the rain we have had! We've been harvesting lettuce and onions for a while now. The broccoli plants are huge and bushy, but no broccoli yet.


The squash is doing well, in spite of the frost damage we had a couple of weeks ago. Its vines creep along the ground under the corn, and Daniel trained it up one wall of the enclosure.


The tomatoes look promising. These are the plants that Jessica and I started from seeds. They did NOT like the transplant process, and I worried that we might lose them altogether. But they are surviving, and we were so excited when they finally bloomed!


...I'm already dreaming about salsa...

7 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, your garden is picture perfect! Good job Tammy, you guys are gonna be eating good!

Anonymous said...

ah, your garden looks a great deal better then ours. I need to go pull weeds today before Shabbat!

Elizabeth said...

I wanted to get a closer look, so I clicked the garden picture. You're right...the broccoli does look really nice! You'll have plenty to do at harvest time!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Tori! We are kinda learning as we go, ha ha.

Jocelyn, does Shabbat start Friday evening for your family?

Elizabeth, I think I am definitely going to be overwhelmed with broccoli. We thought we were getting some little cauliflower and cabbage plants, too, but it ALL turned out to be broccoli! We'll be sharing a lot with the neighbors, lol.

Tammy said...

The garden looks great! Enjoy the harvest!

Pamela Cassada said...

Beautiful garden! I can only imagine all the delicious meals you will prepare for your family from that. You must have a green thumb!

Unknown said...

Oh, Pamela. If you only knew what a "black thumb" I have! Anything that requires a lot of attention around here, dies. We plant things in our garden that love the land and the climate where we are, and they need very little attention.

The only exception is our tomato experiment. They seem to be very picky plants. If we see any fruit from them, you can be sure I'll be SO excited, if not mildly shocked! ;o)