Thursday, December 11, 2008

Puppets and Play with a Purpose!

We are in the midst of Escuelitas Biblicas (VBS) this week, and are we having a great time! My girls and I made ten puppets to use in San Juan and also for VBS in La Esperanza next week. Here are some of them in action:




(That is Hno. Oto, pastor of the church.)

Daniel and I are teaching the 9- to 11-year-olds, and we have a group of fifty or so.

Giving the Bible lesson:

Teaching the memory verse:

Children eager to learn:

Puppeteers:

Puppets resting:

...I think by the end of the last day, we're going to look a lot like the puppets in that last pic! But all the work is so rewarding and exciting, and we are glad to be able to do it.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

where did you get your pattern for your puppets. I wanted to make some but have not found a pattern I could use.

Tammy said...

It looks like you have had a great turnout. Don't forget to post and let us know any results. Praying that God blesses.