Monday, August 11, 2008

Life without wheels

I've been scarce around blogland lately. I guess part of the reason is that we've been without a car since the end of June, and I tell you, everything seems to take a bit longer when you don't have a vehicle of your own! Thankfully, there is a bus stop within walking distance of our house.

When we head out for whatever errands we need to do, there is no need to stop and gas up the car, for it is safely tucked away at the shop. Once a week I take the bus to the bus terminal in town, then walk several blocks to the market to buy our fresh veggies and fruits. I take one of the girls with me to help carry the booty home, so I am forced to spend one-on-one time with one of my sweet daughters.

Daniel and our oldest son Joseph ride their bikes to prayer meeting each morning. When Daniel needs to go to La Esperanza or the big city Xela, he takes the bus and is obliged to converse with new and interesting people, some of whom hear the gospel right when they need it.

I tell you, being without wheels is the pits! As far as I can tell, we have 1) gotten more exercise, 2) saved on gas money, 3) spent quality time with each other, and 4) been able to meet more people who need Jesus.

Isn't that terrible?? :o)

1 comments:

Tammy said...

We do not realize how spoiled we are til we don't have!