Monday, August 4, 2008

Perfect peace

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:" Isaiah 26:3,4

Thanks to my husband, I was awake at 5 a.m. this morning. Seriously, I really am thankful! I got up, fed the baby (who promptly fell back to sleep), saw my Sweetie and Son #1 off (they leave for men's prayer meeting at 5:30), showered and dressed, then enjoyed some time in my Bible that was much more leisurely than it would have been if I had risen at the usual later hour. If I hadn't been up so early, I might have missed what the Lord wanted to give me to prepare for this day.

And, boy, did I need it.

Thou wilt keep him... It is the LORD who holds me in His hand. I am not aimlessly wandering on this planet Earth for no reason, but have a Creator God who has all things under control. This is a comfort to me, that the One in control is also my loving Heavenly Father, who has my best interest at heart!

...whose mind is stayed on thee... What peace we can experience when our minds are "stayed" on Him. I've kept this verse in mind all day long, through all the "issues" that have come up, and it really helps me keep things in perspective.

...Especially when company arrives unexpected at 7 a.m.

Now, maybe your house is company-ready first thing Monday morning. But after a busy weekend and the Lord's Day when we have three church services and are home barely long enough to eat lunch and nap the children...well, my house isn't.

But on keeping my mind stayed on the Lord, a thought occurred to me: What is more important, nursing my wounded pride, or greeting our guest with a smile and a cheerful word? In light of eternity, what matters more?

Now with that kind of perspective, I have perfect peace, even through all the other "issues" that have presented themselves today. It's a lot better than being stressed-out and annoyed. :o)

4 comments:

Selah said...

Way to have peace! I am glad you ended up with a good day. I remember your funny blog story earlier about the family throwing everything behind the shower curtain. Guess there wasn't time this time. Ha! Ha!

Unknown said...

LOL! Well, that shower story was about someone else. But if I had a shower curtain, there might be times that I'd do it.

...Especially on Mondays.

:op

Anonymous said...

have had a hard day and the song is really very comforting.very glad i logged on.thanks.love to all . maw maw

Tammy said...

Great post. Thanks for the reminder. Who hasn't used the dishwasher to hide those pesky dirty dishes you were too worn out to do at 10:00 at night?!? Unfortunately, my current house doesn't have one of those anymore.