Sunday, February 7, 2010

God and mothers.

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

(Italics mine.)

As I try to ease back into the groove of things after adding a newborn to our mix, the reality hits that "the groove" has to change a bit. These last six weeks have had their stressful times, and some nights with less sleep than I like, but God's grace is always sufficient. I love this verse in Isaiah chapter forty! The Lord seems to have tender regard for mothers with young children, and there is a special grace available to us. In the midst of caring for my brood of seven little lambs I, too, am being shepherded with tenderest care.

There are some adjustments to be made still as everyone is scooting over to make room in the family for our sweet little Jeannette Abigail. I'm thankful for God's tender care, and for the rest He gives when we lean on Him!

I love our new little one. Isn't she beautiful?

8 comments:

Sandy said...

YES! She is beautiful!

Blessings,
Sandy

La Familia Garcia said...

Oh I love this post! I love the update and picture of your newest blessing and the verse!! Thanks!

Aloha said...

She is heavenly!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Diane Shiffer said...

I have to tell you that my Noah fell in love with your little missie... he says it makes him look forward to when he will be a dad himself.

Personally I love the sweet little dress... just how I'd dress my little girl-baby if I ever were to blessed with another one♥

Elizabeth said...

I mean she is precious. I just want to eat her up! Glad that you're starting to feel on the mend. I have truly MISSED your posting and insight.

Did I mention that I love Jeannette's little dress? The trim around the bottom is so cute!

Randy said...

Tammy,

Your little girl is so beautiful,just a little darling.And the dress looks really nice on her too. My wife was so surprized and trilled to talk to you on the phone the other day, that she call me right away and told me. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.

Randy

Tammy said...

What a cutie! I'm glad everyone is making all adjustments necessary.

Anonymous said...

wow... she is beautiful...