Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To the Watchman..

This is not the first time I have dreamed of the last days. I believe they are coming (because I believe the Bible), and perhaps we are raising the last generation of Christians. How will we prepare them for the days to come? We must teach them to love Christ above all, to cling to Him when it has become dangerous to their person to do so. We much teach them to walk closely with the Lord. He will be their Guide and their Comfort in times of difficulty and distress. If we would have them stand and not fall, we must pray for them as the Lord Jesus prayed for us. We must train their minds and bodies to endure temptation and hold tenaciously to that which is right. we must teach them to be wise as serpents but harmless as doves. The day may come when the Gospel must be given out in secrecy where you are. (But given out, it shall be!) Will they be wise enough to find ways to accomplish the great commission when evil forces make it (almost) impossible?

Fellow missionaries, think not that you shall always be free to serve where you are. Think not that you have much time to accomplish His will for the people you serve. The world's climate continues to change, and being a carrier of the Gospel will not always be so easy or so popular. Watchman! what of the night? What is the state of your people? Are you preparing them for the judgment to come? Or will their blood be upon your hands?

Are your lamps trimmed and ready? The Bridegroom cometh! He does not come at a time that we think He will. We must watch and be ready at any time.

Fear not the persecution of the Church. History has borne out that the suffering of the saints is the seed of the Gospel, and the true Church will live on. Despise the facade of "religion" that only serves to temporarily soothe the conscience and lull people to sleep. But cling to Christ! Be faithful to the end. Read and memorize the Word, and learn Who will be victorious in the end.

5 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

=) Praying that God in his mercy will use us to train our children to rise up and be Godly leaders of their generation.

Unknown said...

A few days ago, I also woke up with a dream still before my eyes of the end of the world. I'd just been standing there, watching as everyone around me disappeared and was gathered to Christ in the clouds. I can only hope I just woke up before I got taken up too and it wasn't that I was going to be left behind!

Tammy said...

Very good post. We do need to be vigilant to teach, train and witness.

Joanne said...

I had a dream once that I was at the judgment seat. Christ was looking at me and he shook his head and said sadly, "depart from me ... I never knew you."

I cannot even tell you how sad I was. It was a different kind of sad though - not for myself going to hell, but for how I disappointed the Lord and did not bring glory to His name here on earth. I lived a life filled with empty words. I woke up very sober yet thankful it was only a dream. It stuck with me for several days though.

Praise God for His grace that teaches us how to deny ourselves and live soberly, righteously and godly in this evil world (Titus 2). Let us not turn that grace into lasciviousness.

While I am not a missionary in a far off place, I do believe we are all missionaries right where we are.

Mark 13:34For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Lord bless you as you follow Him.

In Christ,
Joanne in MO

Bill Page said...

Thank you for writing that Tammy. I am not the greatest witness for God. I grow each day though. Luckily for those around em I am only the one pointing to the one that saves. If only they will hear.