Saturday, July 5, 2008

Two Special People



Forty years ago today, Edgar Graham and Barbara Epps tied the knot. They went off to Bible College, started a family, and began a lifetime of serving the Lord. I am so blessed to have been raised in their home!

Dad is Mr. Steady. His faithfulness to Mom and to our family made our home solid indeed. He was the first man that ever held the heart of this little girl, and there remains a special place for him there, even though I'm married and have a family of my own. His easy laugh is music to my ears, and there's no one I'd rather hear sing, than Dad.

Mom is Mrs. Creative. She seems to be good at anything she puts a hand to, and has never ceased to amaze me with her music, her art, her way with children... I don't know how I could have survived those difficult adolescent years without her patience and willingness to listen. When I grow up, I want to be just like her. Oh wait, I am grown up. Well, I still have a ways to go, but I have a wonderful example in my Mom.

Dad and Mom raised four children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Sometimes when we needed it, they nurtured and admonished the tar out of us, but we always knew they loved us! I am so grateful for that. I am forever indebted to my parents for teaching me about love, family, laughter, loyalty, joy, and God.

Their love for God and for each other has stood the test of time. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I love you!

"The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage." Psalm 16:6

5 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Beautifully written....you are a blessed lady to have two godly parents raise you that way....I didn't have that...I pray my children do.

Tammy said...

Thank God and I know you do for your goodly heritage. I, like Nina, pray my kids are having that too.

Selah said...

Tammy,

That was beautiful. Hope they had a wonderful day together. It's a nice picture of them

Tori Leslie said...

Oh how sweet, Happy anniversary Bro. and Mrs. Graham!!

Thanks for sharing. What wonderful parents God has given you!

TO BECOME said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR PARENTS. Godly parents are a blessing indeed. May God always bless them as they serve him. connie from Texas