Saturday, July 9, 2011

Eternal, Inerrant, Inspired Word of God


I've always been taught in church to love the Bible, to read it, study it, memorize it, LIVE by it. That Jesus Himself is the WORD made flesh. To obey the Word is to obey Jesus. And to reject the Word is to reject Jesus.

...So which parts of the Word are we systematically rejecting, because of our traditions? This is something that the Holy Spirit has been working on me about for months. Is not the Word as eternal and unchanging as the Author?

Jesus said:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (as recorded in Matthew 5)


So, apparently none of the Word of God is done away with, or made obsolete. Not even the "Old Testament". Can this be read any other way?

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Great post!

Tammy said...

True. Most think that the Bible is not relevant for today but it most assuredly is.

Anonymous said...

There is so much I struggle with, as far as what is applicable to us today from 'OT' but so much has also become clearer to me since I began to pray and seek for His truth and since I walked away from 1st day worship and man's holidays, and for that I am so thankful. :)

Anne Denney said...

To answer your question: No, it can't. And why would we wish to?

"But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." (James 1:25)

Yes, yes, my comment comes awfully late, I know... It's meant to encourage nonetheless :)

Anne Denney said...

To answer your question: No, it can't. And why would we wish to read it any other way? Do we not delight in the Law with Psalm 119, call it perfect, sure, right and pure with Psalm 19, and with James the perfect law of liberty?

Blessings to you and yours :)