Monday, May 5, 2008

An Excellent Household Cleaner

This is the recipe for a simple, cheap, but very effective all-purpose cleaner that I use in my home:

1 cup distilled water
1 cup isopropyl alcohol
5 drops peppermint oil
5 drops lavender oil

Put all ingredients into a spray bottle and use to clean and disinfect surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere. It will clean windows and mirrors, and floors too. I have noticed that when I wipe down the table and high chair with this cleaner, flies do not land there! I'm told the lavender oil repels flies and other bugs.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for new cleaning ideas. My mom and aunt run a house cleaning business. You can also use white vinegar to clean just about any tile,linoleum, or wood flooring. Just mix with water. It is often safe even full strength but test first. It also works well for removing hairspray from mirrors and door knobs!
Tammy from Cuba - - Missouri that is!

Unknown said...

Yes, vinegar is another great household cleaner! I was told to use only white vinegar on tile because other cleaners discolor the grout! I really like this cleaner for other jobs because of its disinfectant properties, and the lavender smells so clean. :o)

Nice to hear from you, Tammy!

Rebekah said...

Yes, I have also heard about vinegar...Many uses!

Rebekah

Tori Leslie said...

Great tip Tammy, I'll be keeping this one!