Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope all you mothers out there enjoyed some special blessings today! Here in Guatemala, El Dia de la Madre is always on May 10 instead of the second Sunday in May, as it is in the States. So this year I had two Mother's Days. :o)

My children honored me with some homemade gifts, lots of hugs and kisses, a song, and even a blender! (Maybe we'll have smoothies tomorrow :o)

My husband fixed lunch for us. We always have the same thing on Sunday: pot roast and veggies in the crockpot. It is always delicious, and it sure makes things easier on Sunday afternoons to have lunch ready for us when we get home from church! Want to try it? Here is our recipe:

Sunday Dinner

On Saturday night, turn your crockpot on high, rinse off your roast and place it in the crockpot. Cover the meat with tenderizer (I use all-natural papain, no MSG) and spices. Whatever is on hand is fine; you can experiment with rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, whatever smells good to you, just don't overdo it! ;o)

Next, pile on the veggies. We usually put in carrots and potatoes or cabbage. Quarter a medium onion and put it on top. Add some salt, pour in water almost to the top, cover, and turn the pot down to low heat to simmer all night.


Next morning you'll wake up to an aroma that will make you want to eat roast for breakfast!

Makes Sundays all the more restful for this Mamma. May the Lord bless all you other Mammas out there, today and every day!

3 comments:

Tereza said...

Yes I've done something similar...thanks for the reminder...I should do that again!

Tori Leslie said...

Happy Mother's Day to your too Tammy!
Your Sunday dinner sounds yummy!

Tammy said...

I say that the crock pot is the busy woman's best friend! I even have several recipes on my helps corner for just that.