Thursday, May 29, 2008

Precious memory

The most important thing that happened during our furlough was when Joseph told his Dad that he wanted to be saved. We were in a hotel room, getting ready to leave for a missions conference when he insisted that he needed to ask Jesus to be his Savior. Daniel spent some time discussing it with him, then they prayed together. I could identify with the peace on his face afterwards:



Matthew 18:2-3 "And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

7 comments:

Tammy said...

How wonderful! Having peace that our loved ones will be with us in Heaven someday is a blessing. There's nothing like having your own kids accept the Lord as Savior, especially if you get to have a part in leading them!

Unknown said...

I think, for children who are raised hearing the gospel frequently, there is a very fine line that they cross over from covered-by-grace, to covered-by-the-blood. The moment they cross over is the moment they realize their sin guiltiness and place their trust in Jesus to cleanse them. They have always believed in Jesus, so the transaction is very natural!

Whether 5 years old, or 15, or 95, we all must come to Jesus the same way - with the faith of a little child.

Nina in Portugal said...

Sweet, sweet memories!!

I may have already asked you this, but can I link to you? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Nina

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd like that, Nina. Thanks! :o)

Celeste said...

Praise the Lord! My Timothy (7 y/o) finally surrended and was saved on 01/23/08 after many months of conviction.

Rebekah said...

Hey! I hvebeen away for awhile. So, I have been getting caught up on all your posts...WOW- 3 b-days in May- nice! I liked josephs cake the best!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm... the only Celeste I know personally who has a young Timothy, lives in OR! Great to hear from you, Sister! :o)

***

Hi Rebekah! I was really pleased about how Joseph's cake turned out, but Daniel's was definitely the best-tasting! (Jillian's was popular with the children - especially those candy flowers I made from fruit taffy.)