Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Hope

Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is : which keepeth truth for ever:

Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 146


*****

No matter how the election comes out, God's people are blessed. Happy is that people whose God is the LORD! Rejoice!

*****

All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;

To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. (Psalm 145)


*****

Regardless of what happens today, we are of a greater Kingdom, an everlasting one, and one where there is never a scary election. The LORD reigns!

*****

The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth...

My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.


Amen!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Amen! Last night I cried and felt depressed but this morning I realized that since Obama was elected it must be God's will and I just prayed that He would give those of us wanting to stand on His side the strength to endure through whatever He will use Obama to bring our way. I can't help but feel that God will use Barak Obama to bring America to her knees. Some time during the next four years, many of those who put him in power will be saying to themselves and each other, "Whoa. This isn't what we bargained for. This isn't what we thought we were getting." But for us Christians I feel the end is near and that we will soon be headed to meet our Savior in the clouds. One thing is for sure, this may just be what it takes to motivate Christians to good works that we should have been doing all along. Priorities people priorities! The time is short to pull some from Hell.

Joy said...

Thanks for all your encouragement to memorize scripture, Tammy! I didn't get to do the Mega Memory Month thing, but I'm trying to memorize Psalm 91 right now. I've been wanting to memorize that portion of Scripture for some time. I think it was Darlene Deibler Rose's book, "Evidence Not Seen," where she had memorized Psalm 91, and it was a great comfort to her while she was in prison. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!