Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recent Earthquakes

We've had two good tremors lately. One happened during church last night, and one happened early this morning (about 2:30 a.m., local time). It has got me to thinking about emergency preparedness, and as I lay in a quaking bed this morning, I wondered what we would do should the house collapse.

I'll be looking up some safety and survival information, as well as packing an emergency kit today. Meanwhile, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind my fellow Believers of this:

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows....


I challenge you to read all of Matthew 24 today.

Know the signs of the times!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

When I heard about it I knew that y'all would have felt it! Very glad that everyone is safe. Here we have hurricanes pretty often, but if given a choice I would pick a hurricane before an earthquake any day!

With all the political unrest lately and so much else of Matthew 24 being fulfilled, surely it won't be long!!

sarah said...

I will keep you all in prayer.
May our Lord continue to hold you in His safe arms... no other place has safety!

Praise Him forever!

Unknown said...

Wow yeah that would definitely get me to thinking and praying and packing.

I was in an earthquake only once in my life and that was enough for me. But I would do the same as you. Be sure to have an emergancy plan. Good thinkin!

Totally watching the World just fall apart. Lord come Quickly!

Tammy said...

Glad you all are safe. You are right, we should be brushing up on our signs of the end times.