Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goings-On

We really enjoyed the church meeting in La Esperanza tonight. Daniel preached on "The Last Words of Jesus" (see Mark 16:15). We have a new neighbor who moved in next door earlier this week, and she came with one of her daughters. Ruth (the mother) has many needs; we hope to be a blessing to her, and that she will come to know Christ soon.

There are visitors - missionaries - in our home this week and next. Bro. Bob Stevenson calls himself a carpenter for Christ, and he is helping us with our roof situation. He and Nalani are such a sweet couple, and we enjoy having them with us! Everyone gets up early, works all day, and sleeps well at night.

For our family, May is a big month for birthdays. The first May birthday is this Friday. I'll be 34. That's thirty-four. Four and thirty. Just trying to get used to it.

Otherwise, there is not much going on, except that the sun is coming up earlier and EARLIER. I mean, it's light outside at 5:30 a.m. (So my husband tells me. I do not know this first hand.) We don't do Daylight Savings Time here in Guatemala, so it gets dark around 6:30 p.m.

Mother's Day is coming up! Be sure you do something special to honor your mother, and if you are a mom, I pray that you have a sweet day in the Lord on Sunday. Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That´s great about church and the Missionaries staying with you.
I turn 34 this summer. I don´t think I have gotten use to saying 33 yet. LOL I always have to stop and think how old I am when asked. (which of course not many do ask so I can go on in my little fantasy world believing that I am 18 still)

Tammy said...

34?! Wait til it is 43 which will be my next in Oct.!!! Have a Happy Birthday! Glad you have some help for your roof and that there are missionaries out there to help.

Unknown said...

Let's see, three and forty... That one will take me a few more years to get used to, Tammy! ;o) It'll come soon enough, lol.

Diane Shiffer said...

happy birthday to all the birthday boys and girls in your house... and oh my! to be 34 again;)

sarah said...

Thank you for this beautiful and encouraging post.

We had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday... we, meaning, my mother-in-law, daughter, and myself.

I hope you were as blessed!

Annette said...

I heard about the mothers day gift that you and Daniel gave your moms

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!
-amy

Annette said...

Happy Birthday to all of you