Yesterday was our Joseph's seventh birthday! It gets more difficult every year to hide anything from him, but we were able to pull off a couple of birthday surprises for him.
His big sisters helped me make cupcakes. I needed some kind of animal theme, and the ickier and slimier, the better.
Jessica's adding the eyes. She and Jillian take special pleasure in preparing surprises for others! They also made him some birthday cards, and a storybook written and illustrated, with the main character being Joseph himself. :o)
We took our froggies and an urn full of hot tea to church with us in the evening. We so much enjoy attending the church here in San Juan when we are not in La Esperanza at the new mission. There were hymns, an excellent sermon on praying fervently, and some special prayer time.
After the prayer service, Pastor Oto invited Joseph to stand before the church so that we could sing to him. This video shows the rest... Enjoy!
SEVEN things I love about Joseph:
1) He throws so much energy into everything that he does!
2) He loves his family, and frequently tells us so.
3) He is a good artist.
4) He sings with all his heart, and has already written some songs about the Lord.
5) He's all BOY, and some day I know he'll be all MAN. (*sniff*)
(Here's Joseph mixing concrete, con mucho gusto!)
6) He loves to be Daddy's helper, and works so hard to please him.
7) While it's hard to get him to read anything else, he really enjoys reading the Bible at Family Devotions!
I love you, my boy! Happy Birthday!