Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Brother and I

We've been spending some quality time together recently. We love to work on projects together, and with his hard work and my brains, we get a lot accomplished!

My time spent with my Brother is always a pleasure. When other duties call me away, it is with reluctance that I leave, but I always look forward to seeing him again.

I always thought he probably enjoyed spending time with me, too, but I think I offended him the other day. We were at work again, making some things for the church, when he just jumped over and bit me!

I sat there, not a little stunned, and stared at my wounded finger. This had never happened before! He didn't say anything, but just sat there.



My husband heard me yell, and rushed to get some first aid items...but first we had to take pictures. My finger didn't hurt much (it was numb), but 1/3 of the needle had broken off in my nail bed. It was an astonishing sight to see! Should I post one of the pictures? Nah, better not.

My Brother still has not apologized, nor explained what I did to merit such treatment. But in the spirit of Christian love, I've already forgiven him.

Post Script: I weighed in my mind whether or not to post a bloody picture, but since this one has just an itty-bitty bit of blood, and since Mom and Nina asked, I'll post it.

Warning: If you are a little squeamish, just don't scroll down. But I don't think it's that bad.




7 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

You are so clever! That was a cute story...except for the needle in your nail...ouch! But yes, I think you should post the pictures!!

Rebekah said...

Very cute! I really thought you were talking about your brother before I scrolled down and saw the pic :)

RMc

Anonymous said...

Well, it could have been one of your breathing brothers. Sorry about your pain. The proof of the pain is in the picture. So, where is the picture? (You don't have to add a bloody picture, but just remember, I teach middle- schoolers) Love ya, MOM

Selah said...

What a story! I am glad you are okay. Your picture was well sanitized. =-) Hope you are feeling better

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew! I didn't want to look, but I couldn't stop myself, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that looks so nasty. I do hope it is mending. I really enjoyed your blog and will come back again.
blessings Sandra from New Zealand

Starr said...

OH MY does that ever look PAINFUL! I'm a big baby when it comes to things like that. I enjoyed looking around your blog. I found it by way of Tori's blog - she featured you on hers this week.