Thursday, June 5, 2008

With the rain comes what the locals call the mayo malos, the illnesses that tend to flourish at this time of year. Daniel and I both have felt the effects of being "under the weather", but are feeling so much better now.

I've been juice-fasting for my health's sake, and am really enjoying it more than I thought I would! Flo, a fellow missionary who lives a few towns over, gave me this workhorse juicer:


It's an Acme Juicerator. I had no idea how old it is, but I called the phone number in the user manual for customer service, and a very nice lady answered who told me it is a residential number now. She said they've had that number for 20 years.

So it's old. And in excellent shape! It runs so smoothly, is easy to clean, and gives me almost two cups of juice for three regular-sized apples. I'm loving it.

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

I just got a juicer too and I love it!!! So much better than blending fruits. Yours seems alot better. 2 apples and 1 orange in mine only produces 1 cup of juice.
Juicing is fun, isnt it?
Funny story about the phone number.

Rebekah