Monday, June 9, 2008

Memory...

Another big event that occurred during Furlough 2007 was when our oldest child had to get glasses. Jessica was having trouble reading road signs that we could see well ahead of time. Walking past an eyeglass store one day, she did a free quick-test, which verified our suspicions that her eyes were weakening. Getting her a pair of glasses was such a relief to her...


Something about glasses on her face made her look so grown-up!

If you wear glasses, do you remember when you first put them on? I do. And I loved them. I loved being able to see everything so clearly! If I was ever called "four-eyes" I don't remember it, because I was just so thankful to have those wonderful glasses. Of course, that was back in (ahem!) the '80s, so those BIG lenses were popular.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

That's a great picture of her. Hannah said to tell her Hi.

Tammy said...

So glad she has help seeing clearly now. Glasses DO make a kid look more mature for some reason. I'm just taking a breather from VBS busyness and forcing myself to eat! LOL During busy, busy times I skip that too much - at least Bob says. I need to check out your other site too. Tammy