Friday, April 10, 2009

Food on Fridays: My Dough Boy

While the Pillsbury dough boy is pretty cute, he doesn't even compare to this little kitchen helper.


Anytime I make anything that involves dough (tortillas, in this case), and J.B. knows about it, he's right there, climbing up to the table and asking, "May I help?" He loves to mix and knead, make balls and flatten the dough.

Granted, he's really not that much help yet, but he is learning to work, and is eager to help. I don't want to squelch his desire to help out!


...Besides, how could I say no thanks to these big, brown eyes?


He's my little dough boy.

7 comments:

Ann Kroeker said...

Ohhh....now that is such a charming, lovely food post! Your dough boy--love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy-

Your son is so cute! He looks a lot like my dough boy, Ben, who also loves to help in the kitchen. How old is your son? Ben is just about 4, and Ben and J.B. look like they could be brothers (Ben also has blond hair and big brown eyes.)

Amy in MN

Elizabeth said...

Very, very sweet. Little ones are so precious in the kitchen.

One thing on my to-do-one-day list: learn to make tortillas from scratch.

Nina in Portugal said...

...and a cute little dough boy indeed!

Unknown said...

Amy, J.B's middle name is Benjamin -- I'm guessing that's your son's full name? He is also very close to your son's age. He is 3 yrs and a couple months. :o)

Sharinskishe said...

Your dough-boy is soooooo cute! I am happy to hear that you let him enjoy working with you in the kitchen. I have done this with my kids and they love to cook.

They are 11 and 14 now and they can both cook a lot of fun things. I love it when they innovate things too. They can make a recipe their own because they are not afraid to change things and try their own ideas.

You are off to a wonderful start!!!

Thanks for sharing and sharing the photos, he looks so happy.

Sharinskishe
(Get to know me here)

Tori Leslie said...

Aww, he is a cutie! How lucky you are to have such a good helper!