Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Musings

I've been reading through Ezekiel (in English), and this has been a time when I'm glad I went to Bible College, because little of his visions would be making sense if I hadn't! The four-faced creature in chapter one must have been quite a mystery to the prophet -- it was intended just for us Christians in the church age. Four faces, four gospels. One face was that of a man, which describes the gospel of Luke, which portrayed Christ's humanity. The next face was that of a lion: the gospel of Matthew, which portrays Christ as King. Another face was that of an ox: the gospel of Mark, which showed Christ as Servant. And the last face was that of an eagle: the gospel of John, which takes us to the heights of Heaven, Jesus is God!

I loved verse 8 of chapter 2, "But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee."

...I'd like to use that one on my children sometimes, ha ha.

Then there's the sober warning in chapter three to the Watchman. Those of us who are aware of the danger of God's wrath are obliged to warn others, lest their blood be upon our hands! Heavy stuff.

Some verses in chapter fourteen really grabbed my attention. From verse 22, "Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD."

We are living in an evil day, much like Israel in those days, when many are turning their backs to God, and we will surely face God's judgment as a nation. But there were children raised up back then who loved God and walked in His ways, and it was a comfort to their parents.

I want my children to be part of that remnant in these days!

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Amen Tammy, beautiful post!

Tammy said...

Amen! Me too! I didn't go to Bible college and wasn't completely sure of those visions - thanks for the instruction.

Elizabeth said...

Amen sister. Well stated.