Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Clotheslined!

When we moved out here to San Juan, the cost of electricity for us tripled! So we replaced our electrical appliances with gas... except we didn't find a clothes dryer right away. We have some very nice clotheslines in the back yard, and took advantage of the free "dryer" :o)



Hanging laundry has become my favorite chore; it's peaceful, the clean laundry smells so nice out in the sunshine, and I get to warm up a bit outdoors. (A cinderblock house is pretty cold in the morning!) But the hours of sunshine we get per day are getting fewer all the time, and it's becoming a challenge, getting all the clothes dry by the time the sky clouds up or the sun sinks too low.

Sooo, Daniel has set me all up for the rainy season. This is the dryer the Lord has blessed us with! It runs on LP (liquid petroleum) gas and very little electricity.



While I still hang most of the laundry out on the clothesline, it's so nice to have something to fall back on during these rainy days. Thank You, Lord! And thank you, Sweetie, for finding it, hauling it home, and setting it up!

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Oh Tammy,
I would love to have all your clotheslines. I have small racks to hang our clothes on and it's a hassle. I also have a dryer I received for my 16 wedding anniversary but it takes so much electricity to run it that I don't use it much.
I'm so happy for your gas dryer, and it looks like Jillian is pretty happy too.

Annette said...

Alan says that propane bottle needs to be outside and a metal line run through the wall. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Unknown said...

Fear Not, Annette! It doesn't look like it, but this is actually outdoors. No gas tanks inside the house! Metal lines cannot be bought here, but we buy the reinforced, the best we can find. Thanks for your (and Alan's) concern, and thanks for the comments! Love y'all! :o)