Monday, April 7, 2008

Rainy Days

The season is changing here, and the skies are starting to cloud up in the afternoons. The rainy season does not officially begin until May, but we've had sporadic sprinkles here and there since late March. One woman told me these little rains in the beginning are "for the planters". I guess it cools them off as they labor into the warmer afternoon hours!

One of the neighbor boys came by this afternoon, asking to borrow a bike to run to the store up the road. He has asked to borrow the bike before, and I was faced with a dilemma then that had vaguely been in the back of my mind. I had to decide - do I loan things to the neighbor children? If I do, they will surely be back again and again, perhaps bringing more friends with them each time. Things might wear out or get broken, or "lost"... I found a passage of Scripture that removed all doubts for me. "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away." (Matthew 5:42)

When he brought the bike back, I had some colorful tracts for him to take back to his mama. I hope she can read Spanish!

1 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wonderful spirit Tammy to something missionaries deal with.