Friday, April 25, 2008

Pancakes!

I enjoy making delicious food for my family to eat, but I especially like breakfast! About twice a week we have pancakes and eggs. Here is my standard recipe for Pancakes:

Sift together:
2 c flour (I use half whole-wheat)
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp sugar

Then add:
2 c milk
6 Tbsp oil
2 eggs

Once mixed, spoon onto hot greased griddle. Brown on both sides.

This recipe makes enough for my family of eight, so if you don't feed that many, you can freeze the leftovers to enjoy another time! When I made them last, I spied two ripe bananas lying on the counter, begging to be used. So I peeled and mashed them, and added them and some chopped walnuts to the pancake batter. I lowered the heat on the griddle just a bit, so the pancakes would cook through the middle. They were delicious!

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Hmm, sounds yummy Tammy. I think that's the same recipe I use. I like the banana and walnut idea, sounds delish!

Unknown said...

We've also tried adding applesauce and cinnamon, but I don't remember how much! It's fun to experiment. :o)