Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Who do you believe?

Jesus, or Oprah?

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the video .

Oprah says: "One of the mistakes human beings make is believing that there is only one way....There couldn't possibly be just one way [to God]."

Jesus says: "I am THE WAY, the truth, and the life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father, but by ME."

Oprah believes: "My mind is part of God's. I am very holy."

God says: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." and that we are "all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."

Oprah believes: "My salvation comes from me."

God says: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH

One viewer asked Oprah how she reconciles these "new" teachings with her Christian beliefs. The truth is, these teachings CAN NOT be reconciled with the teachings of Jesus. You have to make a choice between the two. Consider this warning:

"There shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them...And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of." II Peter 2:1,2

Make no mistake, folks. There is only one way to Heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ. We are all sinners that must be washed by the blood of Jesus in order to come clean before God. Human love, kindness, intelligence, benevolence, will never be enough to earn a place in Heaven; we must come to God admitting our helpless, sinful state, repenting (turning from) our sins, and accepting the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf upon the cross!

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:31

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Good post Tammy. I'm amazed that people would follow someone as Oprah but they do, sadly.

BTW, I dreamed about your family last night, who knows why. Do you have thick carpet in your living room??? :o)

Unknown said...

I hope that Christians are not watching Oprah. "Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to ERR from the words of knowledge." Prov 19:27

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, Tori, I do not have thick carpet in my living room, LOL! That would be in my dreams, too. ;-)