Friday, March 28, 2008

We had an accident in front of the house today. Joseph was coming down our little hill on his bike (which, by the way, has no brakes), and Johanna was crossing the driveway. The collision was unavoidable, and our little pedestrian went sprawling out on the ground. After I carried her inside, I was cleaning her wounds and talking soothingly to her as she tearfully recounted what happened to her. It must have been pretty traumatic, because she told me, "Mommy, when I die, I want to go to Heaven to be with Jesus!"

Me too, Honey!

We made playdough today, and had so much fun with it! I divided the batch up among the five who are big enough to play with playdough, and they each chose the color they wanted. Ever make playdough? Not in a long time, eh? Here's the recipe we use:

In a medium saucepan, mix together 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 2 Tbsp oil, and 2 cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until it congeals into a dough. Allow it to cool slightly, then knead in some food coloring. Very simple, and very fun!

0 comments: